Thursday, January 27, 2011

Photographic Art

Don't have a heart attack people.  I'm back!   For at least a moment anyway...


So, for about a year now, I've been entering the Pioneer Woman's photography assignments/competitions.  Along with about 40,000 other people.   Seriously.


As of yet, I haven't been featured on her blog.  And while I don't ever expect to be featured, I will still enter my photographs because it's a fun challenge (with a deadline) for me.   If you know me at all, you know I need a deadline.


When I first started adding my photos to the pool, I was adding basic, straight-from-the-camera images.  Such as this one, for a "green" assignment:

green cactus



Then I moved on to editing them with Photoshop Elements.   Adjusting the colors, adding special effects, etc.   Like this one:


butterfly 7-09


And then, I started experimenting a little more with masks and layers and whatnot.   Lots of fun things to do with Photoshop.  This was for the "Landscapes" assignment:


floral landscape 2


I'm finally feeling like I know what I'm doing with all this, and can now make ART with my photographs.   Here are two that I entered into the Pioneer Woman's current assignment, "Flowers":

"Earth laughs in flowers"
Two photographs are layered together on the one above.  I love the quote "Earth laughs in flowers" by Ralph Waldo Emerson.   The quote photo was taken at Innis Woods in the Secret Garden.  If you've never been there, you must go!   But wait until spring.  It's cold out there.


floral 8

That last one is my favorite so far.   I had a lot of fun layering textures, masks and text. 

1 comment:

randee said...

my blog is not updating (as in, it did not reflect your 8/10 post or this brand new fabulous one!)

love your photos.

happy 35th! sweet girl!

love,

mom